Global Korea Scholarship (GKS)
In 2022, Korean Government’s Global Korea Scholarship program aims to invite international students who wish to purse a graduate level degree or research in Korea.
This is a scholarship I got in 2021 and I am currently studying in Korea. The application for the graduates studies is currently open, so if you have any questions, feel free to comment and I will be here to help as much as I can!
There are two tracks of application - The Embassy Track and the University Track:
Korean government invites 648* international students.
- General: 603 scholars - Overseas Korean: 20 scholars
- Korean Language Teaching Professionals: 15 scholars
- Research Program: 10 scholars
To be selected as a GKS grantee, any applicant should successfully pass through the 1st selection process set by the Korean Embassy of his or her country of origin.
Korean government invites 730* international students.
- Research Program: 5 scholars - General: 425 scholars / Regional: 200 scholars
- R&D Program: 100 scholars
Airfare - Actual cost
Resettlement Allowance -KRW 200,000
Living Allowance900,000 KRW ~ 1,000,000 KRW
Medical Insurance - KRW 20,000 (per month)
Language Courses - KRW 800,000 per quarter
Tuition Fees - Actual cost
Award for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency - KRW 100,000
Research Support - KRW 210,000 - 240,000 (per semester)
Printing Costs (Dissertation) - KRW 500,000 - 800,000
Completion Grant - KRW 100,000 (Once)
Both an applicant and his/her parents must be citizens of their country of origin.
※ Applicants should not hold Korean citizenship.
- Applicants should have adequate health, both mentally and physically, to stay in a foreign country for a long time.
- Should be under 40 years of age at the date of entrance. (Graduate)
- Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attended.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or a Master's degree by the date of arrival. (Graduate)
※ Applicants who have previously acheived in any undergraduate program, master’s program, or doctoral program in Korea cannot apply for this program.
However, a Former or current KGSP scholar who hold the overall grade of 90% or above and have attained TOPIK level 5 or higher can reapply to this program once either through the embassy or university track.
For more details, and application, check https://www.studyinkorea.go.kr/en/cop/bbs/JobBoard/selectBoardArticle.do?bbsId=BBSMSTR_000000000461&nttId=3670